ABOUT THE SOCIETY:
SCAGE (Estd.- 2015), is a platform where students get to express themselves in all forms of Art domains. The club intends to nurture Creativity within oneself, while keeping in mind one’s responsibility towards conserving Green Environment. The main focus is on promoting different art and craft forms, Beautification of Campus, Environment Friendly Products and the artistic spirit in the college while giving students a platform to showcase their skills. The Society remains active in betterment of the Campus ambience and nurturing creativity at its highest level.
Name of Professor-in-Charge (PIC): Professor Dipankana Bhattacherjee
Secretary: Souvik Sengupta ,3rd Year, UG, Electrical Engineering
Name of Treasurer: Shourya Verma,3rd Year, UG, Electrical Engineering
Estimated number of students active in society/club activities: 70-80
Estimated number of Student Participation throughout the year (in daily activities, events): 30-40
Event List under the society for the year 2020-21:
- Origami workshop – SCAGE in collaboration with Kolkata Origami Centre organised an Origami workshop in online mode for all the students of the college.
- Graphic designing workshop – A one day workshop on the highly popular graphic designing software Adobe Photoshop took place where teaching was started from the very basics of Photoshop.
- ArtEx – A fresher’s creativity competition, the event took place in 3 rounds with different topics for each round.
- Artival – A fresher’s art exhibition where every week an art work of particular genre were posted on the fb page of SCAGE.
- Lumos – An event showcasing creativity during Diwali, Students were supposed to prepare any decorative item where light must be the core part and main charm of the item.
- Manankan – A doodle art competition to raise awareness about World Mental Health Day.
- Kalakriti – An open exhibition event where artworks-based on India’s rich culture of folk paintings and art forms were posted on the social media handles of SCAGE
- Kalayudh – An internal challenge-based art battle, Participants divided into two teams where a member one team would make an artwork and then challenge any one member of the opponent to do same style.
- DE Impression – An online art competition in collaboration with “Hum hain na” where the students were supposed to showcase their art work based on mental health.
Event Wise Winners List Name:
1. Aman Deshmukh, 1 st Year, Dept of Architecture, town and regional planning
2. Samprikta Biswas, 1 st Year, Dept of Architecture, town and regional planning
3. Sudeshna Roy, 1 st Year, Dept of Architecture, town and regional planning
Shourya Verma ,2nd Year, Dept of Electrical Engineering.
1. Shourya Verma ,2nd Year, Dept of Electrical Engineering.
2. Omprava Mandal,2nd Year, Dept of Civil Engineering
3. Korikana Srinidhi,2nd Year, Dept of Civil Engineering
Team A- Archana Mahato, Souvik Sengupta, Pramod Surya, Robin Singh, Yaswanth Chakradhar, Sristy Saha , Arshiya , Pranab Saha, Sumit Kumar
KRITI, Kolkata’s largest art fest is organised by SCAGE, IIEST Shibpur to give the students an extraordinary experience packed with learning, fun, frolic and entertainment. The fest consists of many exciting events including workshops on SAND ART , DANCE and MAGIC .There were many interesting events based on painting , dance , fashion ; crafting events like MANJHA , UNGAL ,KALAKARI ;treasure hunt; fun events like FOCUS and PIC CHARADES and online events like Grid box painting and meme competition. From 2020, KRITI is supposed to be conducted under SATRANG-a cultural fest of 7 clubs but is unfortunately getting postponed due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Laurels of the Students over the years to be recognized:
1.A team of three studentsfrom the B.Tech 2021 batch of Civil Engineering Department, Ayush Kumar Prasad, Aryan Kumar and Sagar Pal became 2nd Runner-up winning the cash award of Rs 5,000 at 5 days Design Camp Competition on Redefine the Future of Urban Lakes” organized by Centre for Urban Water Resources (CURE), DHAN Foundation, Madurai, Tamil Nadu between 7th to 12th January, 2020.
2.A team of three Students, Souvik Sengupta, Omprava Mandal and Sumit Kumar of Third Year stood third in POC making competition,2021 held by IIC, IIEST Shibpur.
Approx. Financial Expenditure over the session either by Students’ Activities Fund or Departmental Expenditure or collection:
1000 Rupees by our alumnus, Mr. Robin Singh, Civil 2021
Planned Activities of the Society for future:
- Bag-It All-A paper bag making event.
- Kalayudh 2.0
- Kalakriti 2.0
- Artex 2.0
- Artival 2.0
- Lumos 2.0
- Workshops on various software and environmental technologies
- Completion of Mix Art
- Regular Cleanliness Drive
- Another Mural inside college
- Environmental Awareness Poster making Competition
Point of Difference in Performance:
1. We were successfully able to conduct art and craft events online.
2. We laid special emphasis on Indian heritage and culture and promoted native Indian art forms.
3. We were able to instil a spirit of healthy competition despite online.
4. Our art and craft also aimed at raising important issues like mental health, environment and our unity in diversity.
Guidance for the junior years:
Art along with different activities is one of the best ways to express yourself and your emotions. You don’t need to a professional artist or being good at art to do it. You should take your Pen/pencil/Brush/knife in hand to express yourself without thinking how people will react to it. Every artform and every single art is different, unique and special as it contains your emotional state from the time when it was drawn.
Also keep your surroundings clean and as much Environment Friendly as possible. Every single Step you take no matter how small affects the whole world, don’t ever forget it.