ABOUT THE SOCIETY:
The dance club, a hub for all the dancers in the campus to dance out their frustrations. The club has members starting from freshers to research scholars -who practise a wide range of dance form from indian classicals like kathak, bharatnatyam, kathakali to western forms like hip hop,dubsteps, contemporary, bollywood and several other dance forms. The club is focused in the art and is interested in promoting message through concept expression forms and its compositions.
Name of Professor-in-Charge (PIC): Prof. Ankita Pramanik
Secretary : Saptadeepa Chowdhury, 3rd Year BArch(UG), Department of Architecture Town and Regional Planning.
Name of Treasurer: Shivani Mandava, 2nd Year Btech(UG), Mechanical Engineering Department
Estimated number of students active in society/club activities: 35
Estimated number of Student Participation throughout the year (in daily activities, events): 30
Event List under the society for the year 2019-20:
1. Freshers induction- The inauguration was performed by the members, along with a set of remarkable compositions.
2. Club induction- In house event for the freshers- to welcome them to the club.
3. Independence Day- A small story of indian partition was depicted wonderfully through the composition
4. Gandhi the journey- In collaboration with the other cultural clubs-a Beautiful composition was presented defining the different aspects of Gandhi’s life.
5. Instruo-The inauguration was done by the members
6. Instruo flashmob- to help the organisers of instruo draw more participation a flashmob was organised in the netaji bhavan. which was a great success indeed.
7. ISI- we took part in the Integration – two teams were sent, in which we banged the 1st runner up position.
8. Republic Day- a small performance was staged.
10. Bhasha divas
11. Japanese delegation
13. pre christmas
Event Wise Winners List Name:
We did not organise any competition( it was supposed to be in Rebeca and Satrang).
1. Freshers induction
2. Gandhi the journey
5. Republic Day
7. Bhasha divas
8. Japanese delegation
Laurels of the Students over the years to be recognized: (External and Internal Achievements
can also be included):
1. ISI Calcutta, 1st Runner Up in Integration
2. Achievements of Urjashee Basak:
● Received four awards in the the doverlane music conference 2020–best performer,best odissi dancer,highest scorer in all streams.
● Performed in the prestigious KONARK FESTIVAL 2020 ,by govt of India, ministry of culture,Odisha tourism.
● Also performed in the renowned raga mahotsav, Bhubaneswar also organised by Odisha tourism.
3. Achievements of Sayanee Bandopadhyay: Cultural Talent Search Scholarship,by Centre of Cultural Resources and Training.
Approx. Financial Expenditure over the session either by Students’ Activities Fund or
Departmental Expenditure or collection (Mention separately):
1. Freshers- funded by event organisers
2. Gandhi- funded by event organisers
3. Republic Day- funded by event organisers
4. Japanese Delegation- funded by event organisers
5. Sankranti- funded by event organisers
6. Pre christmas- funded by event organisers
7. Satrang- collection 700 INR
8. ISI-collection and spent 3000 INR
9. proposed infrastructural requirements- approved by dean
● Flooring (yet to be approved)
Planned Activities of the Society for future:
Point of Difference in Performance (What unique steps were taken in your society this year):
1. More active in social media, the club made many videos in and around the campus premises.
2. Association in almost all college events.
3. More dance forms
4. More conceptual choreography
5. Achievement in competition in other National Institutes.
Guidance for the junior years:
Be more focused in dance, improving choreographies and respect the art always.