ABOUT THE SOCIETY:
The Electrical Engineers’ Society is a segment of the Department of Electrical Engineering of IIEST Shibpur. It is an independent organization of students, teachers and several dilettantes around and outwith Kolkata. Along with encompassing regularly scheduled conferences and workshops on Electrical Engineering, the society has succeeded in providing an ever-flourishing platform to share ideas, exchange information and contribute to the advancement of technology and research. The society also organizes various cultural events like – Fresher’s Welcome, Farewell and Teacher’s Day, promoting healthy socializing. Besides heavy academics, the society is known to have successfully conducted technical events every academic year.
Name of Professor-in-Charge (PIC): Professor Bhaskaran Barman
Secretary: Souvik Sengupta ,4th Year, UG
Assistant Secretary (Acting): Dilshad Adil, 3rd Year, UG
Treasurer: Ritu Raj Ranjan Mishra,3rd Year, UG
Estimated number of students active in society/club activities: 50-60
Estimated number of Student Participation throughout the year (in daily activities, events): 40-50
Event List under the society for the year 2022-23:
- Apticrack – Apticrack is the quiz event conducted by the Electrical Engineers’ Society to develop the ability of students to crack the Aptitude tests, which are part recruitment process of many of the companies.
- Internships Simplified– This is an initiative where we collect the experiences of seniors who have cracked internships in prestigious companies and post it on our social media pages.
- Cultural Series – EES believes in the round development of a student. In this initiative,we post cultural activities of students from all over college, viz, art, song dance etc on our social media pages.
- Freshers’ – The Freshers of the Department of Electrical Engineering is the grand welcome into the department to the freshmen.
- Farewell – The Farewell is the dear goodbye and the celebration of 4 years of togetherness of the beloved Seniors of the Department of Electrical Engineering, conducted by the Department and the Electrical Engineers’ Society.
- Preps Simplified – Be ready to get enlightened with years of knowledge and experience jampacked in a span of a few hours.
- Tech Simplified – Get the latest updates in electrical Engineering, its impact in day-to-day life, fun facts, and more!
- Teachers’ Day – The Electrical Engineers’ Society celebrates Teachers’ day with all dedication and pomp. The day is filled with cultural performances and other activities to show how much we are grateful to our teachers for their constant guidance and support throughout our college life and beyond.
- Wired In – Wired In is an event in the INSTRUO Techno-Management fest of IIEST, Shibpur conducted by the Department of Electrical Engineering in collaboration with INSTRUO.
- Industrial Seminars – These are held for the students and is graced by eminent personalities from various industries.Many companies also hold their seminars for teaching industry-oriented subjects
A place dedicated to the study of circuits and all the world within it.
There are loads of Industrial Visits by the EES to electrical power plants and industries to make the students get better acquainted with the technical and Industrial aspects of Electrical Engineering in the real-life world.
The Electrical Engineers’ Society gives T-Shirts, hoodies, and calendars to its members.
TalentX is a competition hosted by Electrical Engineers’ Society for the 1st year from all departments. They provide the stage for people to stand out from the masses by letting them showcase their unique skills be it at dancing, singing, skateboard skills or even exceptional gaming.
The Electrical Engineers’ Society welcomes the 1st year students, with a week long Technical and Cultural events!
Flagship Event: SPHURAN
Sphuran – the Technical fest organized by the Electrical Engineers’ Society is an electrifying festival allowing one to experience real-world challenges and traverse your latent talents through fierce competitions. It provides a platform to each individual to provide a unique solution to real-world problems. It consists of varied events like – Illumination, Cyberblame, Case Study, Arguments, Robotics and the most awaited of them being – the Electroquip!! What makes Sphuran the most distinctive is its industrial ambience and its demand for multitasking. Moreover, Sphuran provides every participant with a huge learning experience assisting one to evolve in a multitude!
Visit the weblink : sphuran.co.in
Laurels of the Students over the years to be recognized:
1. Sourav Pal,a student of 2023 batch achieved AIR 2 in GATE 2023.
2. In NIC-2020, organized by the MOE’s Innovation Cell, 33000+ teams participated and after multiple round, 127 teams qualified in the final round. A team from the Electrical Engineering Department Team for secured a position in the 127 finalist teams of NIC 2020, for the prototype Nomination and reached a level of development of business plan for their innovation. The team members were Sayak Mondal,Gourab Banerjee, Anandan Basu, Kumar Suryamauli Shah and Nand Kumar Nitesh.
3. Aishwarya Raj, from Batch of 2023,is winner of Tata steel Women of Mettle Season 5.
4. Sushma Vemunuri , Batch of 2024,is runner up in Tata steel Women of Mettle Season 6
5. Niladri Dutta, Batch of 2023, secured AIR 4 in GATE 2022 EE paper.
6. Jonish Louembam, Batch of 2024, secured the bronze medal in weightlifting in Spardha 2022.
7. Souvik Sengupta, Batch of 2023,was winner of Mettle Quiz held by NIT trichy,2022.
Approx. Financial Expenditure over the session either by Students’ Activities Fund or Departmental Expenditure or collection:
All expenditures done from EES Fund.
Planned Activities of the Society for future:
- Apticrack,Internships SImplified,Preps Simplified and Tech Simplified in next session
- Freshers’ and Farewell
- T shirt Distribution
- Technical Lectures
- Field Trips
- Cultural Series
- SPHURAN 3.0
Point of Difference in Performance:
1. We were successfully able to events in both online and offline.
2. We conducted both technical and cultural events.
3. We were able to instill a spirit of healthy competition.
4. we were able to increase the diversity of activity in the society.
Guidance for the junior years:
As a junior member of the Electrical Engineers’ Society at IIEST Shibpur, you can contribute by attending meetings, seeking guidance from senior members, identifying areas for improvement, collaborating with other societies, communicating effectively, fostering a sense of community, and continuously evaluating and improving the society’s activities. By following these guidelines, you can help the society grow and develop into a thriving community that benefits its members and the larger community.